Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Thanksgiving in New York City Part One

The last time I was home before Thanksgiving break, my parents surprised Lindsay and I with a HUGE trip to New York City. We normally have quiet Thanksgivings at home with our family of four, because our extended family lives in South Dakota and Florida. So... this was extremely exciting for us. We always watch the Macy's Day Parade on TV as we cook Thanksgiving dinner, and my mom has always wanted to take us to see it in person. So we did.

Not only that, but we stayed in the WALDORF hotel. The WALDORF people. 

Oh, and we sat in the SECOND row at the Rockettes show in Radio City Music Hall. 
casual.
It was honestly one of my favorite trips of all time. It did not feel like real life. Now, prepare for six million pictures.



We took a train into the city which only made the trip all the more exciting.





The Walfdorf Hotel ladies and gentlemen. So beautiful. Our hotel room was ginormous it even had what me and Lindsay call a booty cleaner.


 The hallways to the hotel rooms were filled with famous people who have stayed there.
(George Bush above)




 Loved the tile floors in the lobby.






We were starving from all the traveling once we finally got there, so we headed to find some New York pizza.




 A Thanksgiving pizza...........



So delicious. (diet coke not pictured)






I had been to Sprinkles cupcakes in Chicago when me and my friends went a couple summers ago. 
(shameless plug... GO: look for the post about that trip on my past blog posts!!)

But, Lindsay had not been and she was super excited, being the cupcake lover that she is. 
We each picked a cupcake and saved them for later.





 Times square!!! It was overhwhelmingly bright and busy. There are screens everywhere, I felt like I was in another world, definitely wasn't my favorite street in NYC, but it was cool to experience! 
(the people wearing mickey and minnie costumes with air jordan draw string backpacks on, did not make the situation any more comfortable)



 We made reservations at this Italian restaurant and then race-walked back to the hotel to change for the Rockettes show and then race-walked back to the restaurant for dinner. It was delicious and just the right amount of food! 



Not surprisingly, my dad didn't tell us our tickets were for the second row. The ushers looked at our tickets and kept stopping us at different doors and directing us until we followed my dad closer and closer to the stage until we were sitting in the second row! He is so good at planning trips and always makes is so nice for us!






The show was amazing; there was even a live nativity scene with sheep, a donkey, and a camel. So cool.
After the show we went back to our hotel room and ate our cupcakes, then headed to bed because we had to get up at 5am the next morning for...
THE MACY'S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment